Skip to main content

Garmin 010-01353-30 Forerunner 25 Small GPS Running Watch – Nice, simple GPS watch

I am delighted with my garmin forerunner. It follows my route perfectly and gives all the information i require and more. I walk at least twice a week with a group of fellow walkers anything between three to seven miles at a time. So far, the battery has lasted with plenty to spare, though our walks do not last more than about four hours, so i cannot speak for anything longer.

Easy to use, perfect for my recreational running to log time, routes and distances. Battery power seems decent and downloading onto my strava account was a doddle.

Bought this to augment a mobile when using a tickr when running. Big advantage the amt and bluetooth at same time. The watch is not that hard to set up and lots of youtube to help. I know it’s the basic end of the maret but it does everything i need and is more accurate than the mobile both for distance (gps) and the heart rate. Well worth it for recreational runners. The app that it works with is good but i only use it for running.

Been using this a few months now and as a first gps watch does what i need. Usually finds signal fairly quick, usually by the time i’ve got my trainers on and mp3 up and running. Only marked down because last night it mismeasured my first mile but that might have been my fault, too keen to get moving instead of making sure gps had held signal.

It’s an ok watch for a child. But if gets broken or lost for the price no too big a deal. It has good basic functions like alarm stop watch. Looks cheap when you get it the photo flatters the item. But a good first watch for kids.

Easy to use and with a clear screen that’s easy to see when running. However frequently takes too long to pick up gps, or drops it during a run, which is frustrating.

He is delighted with this watch, what an excellent price.

Best fitness product i’ve bought by far, very accurate and only let me down once. Just be aware that it’s worth clearing the memory after about 20 runs once you’ve downloaded them to the app or one day it suddenly stops working due to a full memory and does this with no warning. Search how to do that on youtube as it’s a simple process.

Great running watch, gives you all the garmin stats you need (like more expensive models of garmin).

I bought this watch out of frustration with fitbit inacuracy and so glad i did. Easy to use, good battery life and very accurate. Perfect for casual runners interested in logging your runs and so compatible with strava.

The most attractive feature for me is the large, high-contrast display. I’m old enough to need reading glasses but obviously can’t wear them while running, so it’s useful to have big clear digits to read.

Bought in july 16 – pleased overall bluetooth works well with iphone6 and happy with value and looks. Garmin connect is an ok app too. Very happy to find battery seems to lasts nearly a month without having to charge even running 3 x per week and prob lasts much longer if not using gps etc. It has other stuff too like whatsapp notifications. Its a big improvement on my old forerunner10.

I bought this for my wife who is an orienteer. It’s a bit fiddly to use, and it sometimes takes a bit of time to make a gps connection, but it generally works exactly as expected and links up with garmin online software via a pc usb connection to upload walk or race records. From the garmin web site the recorded performance can be downloaded for use with routegadget after orienteering events. When gps is off this works well as a digital watch with time and date shown. Needs to be recharged frequently for use as a gps device, but as a watch, with gps turned off, it seems to run for at least a week (we have not checked how long it will last). There is lots of online information about the watch including videos, reviews, and garmin instructions.

Brilliant bit of kit,very comfy to wear never of my wrist,does everything i want it to do perfect for me.

Wanted a basic watch just to keep track of my running times, fitted the bill perfectly. They have even sorted out the watch strap.

Let down by the connected bluetooth features. Still 5 stars as the watch is excellent, their software is quite poor.

I use this watch to monitor my distance and time when running. I love the lap feature which tells me my time for each km/mile live and records my last 5/6 runs without the need for a computer. It also has a calorie counter.

Very very happy with this watch. I was looking for something that i could use as a step counter as well as a running watch instead of having to wear 2 different gadgets all time. I couldn’t be happier with it and unlike my forerunner 15 the blue tooth function makes uploading data effortless. Highly recommend this for anyone looking for a good basic easy to use running and step counter watch.

Very accurate recordings of mileage, duration and speed, great to be able to see the splits. The signal sometimes takes a few minutes to locate but i’ve figured out where the bad areas are and just switch it on as soon as i arrive so not a problem.

Reviews from purchasers :

  • Happy !

  • Nice, simple GPS watch

  • Much appreciated by the orienteer in the family

Does exactly what i need it to with no fuss (i’m a runner), upload via phone is a real boon. Bought to replace my increasingly temperamental forerunner 305.

Bought as i was using an app on my phone which was not very good. At the most it takes 30seconds to find itself. Great that once connected with the garmin app it will shows on the map where you have been.

The forerunner 25 watch came promptly and was well packaged and priced. Whilst still familiarising with the settings options its been tested over several walks and is performing well. Linking to the optional iphone app is helpful in viewing and retaining the data.

I use this garmin when i am walking and when i’m jogging; this model has a better battery life than my previous models(both forerunner 10) and larger display. I find the bluetooth connectivity with my mobile phone very useful for editing activity details (which automatically uploaded to my online garmin account.

I bought this watch to replace my ‘older’ garmin watch, and am very pleased with the new one. If you’re a runner, then a watch like this is a must in my opinion, so you can keep track of your runs. This one hasn’t let me down yet, and i hope that it lasts for a long time. The battery life is good, and has lasted for 2 hours+ running no problem.Gps is fine, and finds your location easily. It is also a good fit and doesn’t look too big or small for a watch.

Does it what it says on the can. Compact,- my wife is quite petite and it sits well on her wrist. Easy to set up straight out of box. Bluetooth took a couple of attempts on my wife’s phone (for whom this was purchased)but we eventually learned that her phone wasn’t compatible with a lte connection, so abandoned further attemptsso did not bother with garmin connect app but instead sync every few days to the web portal. For the price, i am quite pleased with this. Coi: i have a garmin vivoactive smart which i have used for the last 18 months (more than a 1000 miles of running).

I wanted it mostly for indoor use and this model was not the right one. Also not pairing with my ipad or iphone due to bluetooth chip fault so had to return it.

Loses a star for how long it can take to connect to gps, the longest i’ve had is 20 minutes. I have the edge 25 for cycling, that is also cheap and works well but at times can be slow to acquire gps so was sort of expected. I got fed up of running with my phone in a bum bag so decided on this, at the price it’s a no brainer. I don’t care for heart rate and such bumf, i’m not an athlete just a casual runner, but having how fast per km on my wrist does actually help. Battery life seems excellent so far and it connected easily to garmin connect. I like it, gps waiting aside, it’s a great bit of kit. Owned and used for a few weeks now and the waiting for gps is becoming a proper pain. If you are tight on time and need to quickly get out and run, then avoid. I get in from work and immediately turn on the device and press start.

I am very happy with the garmin forerunner 25, it arrived perfectly packaged and has worked great since i received it. The fit and colour are grand for me as i have small wrists. It is easy to sync with the garmin website to track my progress and log my activities on my personal garmin page which you can share with your family & friends if you wish to do so.

This is a great watch, very simply to use but does everything i want it to.

Working great but sometimes takes long time getting a gps signal.

Pedometer text needs to be bigger though.

The post Garmin 010-01353-30 Forerunner 25 Small GPS Running Watch –

Nice, simple GPS watch

appeared first on gearsholic.co.uk.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vodafone V-Kids Watch – Good idea, poor execution

Son loves his new smart watch. Well made, location accuracy not always the best but my iphone xs max is sometimes off too. The general location coupled with voice notification should be enough if we needed to local our son. Worthy purchase if you can buy it on offer like i did. Not to sure it’s worth the full rrp. Setup isn’t straightforward so be prepared to spend sometime setting it up. Once the product is all set up it really is a good piece of kit, it takes little time to go through the process with the vodafone sim but it is worth doing. It is easy to voice message and gives me peace of mind with the sos function built in, the games are a good feature to keep the little one entertained. The gps tracking works well with the vodafone signal and no problems so far. Love this, it’s a brilliant well designed product but the battery life is very disappointing. Esta muy bien, yo se lo he comprado a mis hijos y es casi exactoen la posición aunque podrian mejorar la interface e incluso

Vannico Kids Smart Watch Tracker Watch : Fabulously

I bought this for christmas present and i’m so happy that is really useful for everyday and less worries when we’re going out sometimes she running around and this is very helpful and easy to find her becuase it’s watch i’m not worried she’s gonna lose it the app is easy to find and set up and accurate every time. Got this for my son as we didn’t really know what to get him for christmas. It was super easy to set up and has been keeping our son more engaged in checking the time (i think the fact that it’s more than just a watch led to that enthusiasm). I got this for my niece and nephew and i saw blue and pink ones as an christmas gift they loves it. Very easy to set up and use and comes with many features. She particularly loves the camera and her mum loves it because she fells more safety, comfortable to wear and looks so high quality. Cool watch very easy to use no complicated menu or anything like that has all functions requiered for device like that ( but not stuffed with usele

Motast Smart Watch : Works exactly as you would expect

Bought this watch as a gift for hubby, and it is keeping him very happy. Not only it looks good (and very handsome) on his wrist, the battery life is long enough, he has so far only charged once when it first arrived, and it has been going strong ever since. Have yet to try the other functions, but to be honest, for us, the good look and long battery life is the two most important factors when comes to choosing a watch. Loloverall, very happy with this purchase, highly recommend it. I loved itarrived in brilliant condition and the very next day after i brought it too, arriving in a sturdy solid box making it very secure and safe from any knocks and bruisesi bought this beautiful watch for my husband. He had expensive smart watch before but get broken. I really was thinking i will get chip one now temporarily and late buy different. But now my husband love his watch so much. Came in a small box along with an instruction booklet, charging cable. It was already half charged when it arriv